Hey there! My name is Dew Tinnin, but you can call me Sales Coach Dew! I love being in sales, I love learning new ways to sell and sharing techniques with others – I love everything about sales! It’s the only profession where you can truly accomplish anything that you set your mind to, regardless of education level, age, gender, etc.
I built this blog because I believe:
- Sales is an honorable profession. I have met hundreds of sales people who practically deny being in sales. If you hope that people give you money for your goods and/ or services – then you are in sales. Own it. Be proud of it. We help the economy every single day by doing what we do.
- Attitude is everything. Get that in your head and things will change for you. You can choose to be a morning person just as easily as you can choose to take a vacation. Don’t ever let someone ruin your day. Choose to start your day by saying, “Today is gonna be a great day!” and your day will be fantastic.
- Self discipline comes in all shapes and sizes (fitness, finances, career, etc). I’ve seen all to often that people wait until pain sets into change (i.e. You start exercising when your doctor prescribes blood pressure medicine). Your discipline to get up and exercise now has a purpose. Don’t wait until you miss a goal to get motivated to prospect, choose to be disciplined in your business NOW. Create a plan and then have enough self discipline to follow it!
- Time Management is not a dirty word. (Or is that 2 dirty words?!) Having good time management doesn’t mean you don’t get to have fun anymore. Either you run your day, or your day runs you. It’s your decision. Just like babies need to live on a schedule, so do you. You’ll feel so much better once you do.
I have thoughts and ideas to share on all of the above, and this is my place to share them. If you’ve ever said to yourself, “I know I’m capable of more in my professional life or personal life.” Or “I know I should be making more money!” Then you’re in the right place.
Who is this blog for?
- The brand new salesperson. Maybe you have some born ability, but you want more tools in your toolbox. Turns out a degree in sales isn’t an option at your local state university!
- The seasoned sales professional. Maybe you’re hitting most of your goals, but you know (or secretly feel) there’s more you could be doing, and there’s another level of success you could reach.
- Business owners. Maybe you’re NOT a salesperson, but you’re in business for yourself, and you realize that someone has to sell your products and services – and there’s no one else around to do it but you!
- Anybody who sells anything!
I’ve never met a sales person who knows it all, and I’ve never met a sales person who doesn’t have more they could accomplish (including me!). We should all strive to be a student of the game, we should all be learning all the time. If selling is a part of your life, then this blog is for you. I hope that all of you increase your income from some of my postings here.
If you’ve got a question, send it over and maybe I’ll turn it into a new post, but most often times my posts are just straight up good salesmanship at its finest.
Onward and upward, baby. Let’s do this.
Until next time, go sell some stuff!